Businesses may, at some point, be faced with the decision of whether or not to hire an agency for all or some of the marketing. Deciding to hire is only one piece of the puzzle. Choosing the right agency is another.
In part three of our series, we look at how to choose an agency after you’ve decided to hire one.
How Should I Choose an Agency to Hire for My Business Marketing
1. First things first, identify what you need help with. Does your budget allow for training and social media, or are you looking for someone to help with strategy?
2. Set a realistic budget and define your organization’s goals for hiring an agency.
3. Identify a few agencies to reach out to first. Do some research to narrow your search. Not every agency is going to be a good fit.
- Review each agency’s website, case studies, and any clients listed.
- Are they excellent in what they say they do?
- Do they specialize, or are they trying to be everything to everyone?
- What are people saying about them?
4. Ask lots of questions. A few examples are –
- How do they determine success?
- How often will you need to meet, and how will communications take place?
- Are there some process examples they can share?
5. Be ready to make a commitment and build a relationship. The process can be long, and changes don’t happen overnight. If you have the other pieces in place, this step should be easy to make.
Deciding to hire an agency is a big step. Vet the agency thoroughly and get comfortable with them. We can tell you from experience that a good relationship is paramount to success.
6 Reasons Why I Should Hire an Agency for My Business Marketing
4 Reasons Why I Should Not Hire an Agency for My Business Marketing