We talk about creating video content on social media a lot. Like, a whole lot. And for good reason. And if you’re still not creating video content, it’s time to reconsider.
- Video content on social media is more memorable (43%) in comparison to text (18%) and images (36%).
- 53% of people want to see more video content from marketers.
“…video production has become vastly more accessible to marketing teams of any size. Production equipment is more cost effective than it once was, and now even smartphones can shoot in high-quality, 4K video. Plus, for most social videos, the more simple and raw the video, the more authentic the content — and that’s what really matters to your audience.”Hubspot’s Video Marketing Guide
Why Your Business Needs Videos
Creating video content can be intimidating. But in business and marketing, we sometimes have to try things that are outside of our comfort zone to stay relevant.
Here are a few reasons to use video that might make it a less daunting task.
- People spend a limited amount of time on the internet. More and more, that time is being spent watching videos.
- Video provides excellent data that can be used to impact all of your marketing.
- Video data can include how long your video was viewed, which parts were re-watched, and if a viewer came back, watched it again, or shared it with friends.
- Viewers are 10x more likely to engage, share, and comment on video content.
- Relevant video marketing content can dramatically improve your site’s SEO by driving people to your homepage.
NOW is the time to start creating video content for your social media strategy. It’s now or never. Well, maybe not that drastic, but seriously, what are you waiting for?