Businesses can’t survive without selling products or services to customers. If you are like a lot of our clients, you’re also looking for opportunities to upsell.
Upsell: A sales strategy where the seller will provide opportunities to purchase related products or services, often for the sole purpose of making a larger sale.
There’s more to upselling than “would you like fries with that.” Effective digital marketing can help.
Upselling through email is easy to implement. If you are using email marketing and external communications in your business, adding information about product features and new services makes sense.
SEGMENT YOUR EMAIL LIST
- Segmenting allows you to send special offers to specific audiences giving them custom information designed to upsell. Segmentation ideas include past purchase behavior, location, or customers who haven’t made a purchase in a certain period of time.
- Adding a P.S. is an effective way to add a call to action in emails without a hard sell.
Blogging is a great way to upsell by making valuable content available to your customers.
BLOG ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE
- Business blogs give customers a resource to learn more about your business at their own pace and when they are looking for a solution to their problems.
PUBLISH BLOGS ON LINKEDIN PULSE
- Take your LinkedIn networking a step further with blogs. Speak personally about your business, products, and services. It builds credibility with your networking audience and shows you as a thought leader in your industry.
Customers are talking online. What they are saying on social media might be the perfect opportunity for an upsell.
ENGAGE IN SOCIAL LISTENING
- Listen to what customers are saying about your products or services. If you are not listening, you may be missing out on opportunities to sell additional products or services.
ACTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
- 65% of people have more brand loyalty to businesses that respond on social media. These loyal customers have less resistance to upsell because they are already invested in your company.
Don’t leave opportunities on the table to sell more. Use the advantages of digital marketing to upsell. These simple practices could be the difference between your business thriving or just surviving.