Hashtags can play a crucial role in your Instagram business strategy.
You might be rolling your eyes right now at a blog devoted to hashtag performance, but hear me out. Hashtags can –
- help content be found
- track a conversation
- discover user-generated content
- track ad and branding opportunities
They are useful and, dare I say necessary, in today’s Instagram success.
But once you’ve committed to using hashtags on your Instagram posts and ads, how do you know they are working?
You find a way to measure their performance, just like everything else.
6 Tools to Measure Instagram Hashtag Performance
Plan ahead by choosing the hashtag(s) you want to use and follow. Then figure out the metrics you want to track as this will help guide the tool you use.
And before you try something new, check your social media dashboard for options. Both Hootsuite and Sprout Social have hashtag reports available.
- Pixlee, a free Instagram analytics app that provides hashtag statistics and tracking
- Command – a free iOS app for hashtag tracking on the go, does have in-app purchase options for additional features
- Hashtagify – real-time data on hashtag trends and reports in one spot
- Keyhole – hashtag tracking, dashboard displays engagements on the content associated with the hashtag
- Hashtracking – hashtag engagement analysis, historical data, and unique report options
- Iconosquare – free audit option, paid plan lets you see where in the world people are using your hashtags and the most influential people posting
Once you’ve decided to make hashtags a part of your Instagram strategy, keeping up with their success just makes good sense. Tracking will help you determine what is working and what is not working. Because we all want to keep doing more of what’s working!